Provide First Aid - 1 Day
- 1 Day
$99.00Tue 25 Sep 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Tue 9 Oct 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Fri 26 Oct 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Sat 3 Nov 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Tue 20 Nov 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Thu 6 Dec 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Mon 17 Dec 20188:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Tue 8 Jan 20198:30 am - 4:30 pm
$99.00Thu 24 Jan 20198:30 am - 4:30 pm
Previously known as 'Senior First Aid / Apply First Aid'
HLTAID003 Provide first aid (Provide first aid)
The one day Provide First Aid course would benefit all those at work, home or for leisure. The course provides an excellent general grounding in first aid and will enable you to perform appropriate first aid procedures and basic life support skills. This unit satisfies training requirements across a range of community and workplace settings.
Who this course is recommended for:
- Anyone wanting to learn essential first aid skills; and
- Those wanting a first aid certificate for work purposes.
St John Ambulance recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months. This is in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
Course Duration: 1 day
This course covers the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
- Legal, workplace and community considerations;
- Considerations when providing basic emergency life support, including:Airway obstruction due to body position;
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
- Appropriate use of an AED;
- Chain of survival;
- Standard precautions; and
- How to conduct a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty.
- Principles and procedures for first aid management for a range of scenarios; and
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Respond to an emergency situation;
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures including:Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor; and
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface.
- Respond to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the your workplace/community setting, including:Conduct a visual and verbal assessment of the casualty;
- Demonstrate safe manual handling techniques;
- Post-incident debrief and evaluation; and
- Provide an accurate verbal or written report of the incident.
- Communicate details of the incident; and
- Evaluate the incident and own performance.
- Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
- There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.
This course supersedes HLTFA311A Apply first aid, also previously referred to as Senior First Aid.
This course also encompasses the following units of competency:
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.
To find out more about this course, or to book your place, you can:
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9am - 12pm & 12:30pm - 3pm
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Us: (08) 9733 2122
St John Ambulance WA (St John) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) under the name of The College of Pre-Hospital Care no. 0392 and specialises in the delivery of first aid training here in Western Australia.
- A variety of first aid courses both accredited and non-accredited
- Flexible delivery options: face to face and blended
- Relevant, hands on skills and knowledge application
- High quality training and asessment services and resources
- Support and access to external support services appropriate to meeting your needs
Please take your time to read about the following important topics:
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Support Services
- General Course Information
(Course cancellation or transfer, participant identification, prior learning, dress code, etc)
- Participant Handbook
- RTO Policies
- Complaints and Appeals
- Standards for RTOs 2015
How to enrol
Please complete and sign the Enrolment Form and the Participant Acknowledgement Declaration Form and return by:
In person: Henning St, Waroona WA 6215
COURSESView All Upcoming Courses
Waroona has a wide range of First Aid Kits and Stock available for purchase, including Personal, Workplace, Motor, Bites and Stings, Leisure and more.View All Kits
The cost of your ambulance trip is covered if you have comprehensive Country Ambulance Cover. This includes as many emergency or necessary non-emergency transports you, or one of your family members, require.Find Out More