Family Resuscitation Awareness
- 2 hours
There are no available course dates at this time.
An easy, short, hands-on non-accredited course designed to give you an awareness of first aid and covers the basics of adult and child resuscitation. There are no assessments as part of this course
Who this course is recommended for:
• Parents or family members wishing to learn resuscitation skills; and
• Those who would like to refresh their CPR skills and don’t wish to complete and accredited course.
St John Ambulance recommends that you refresh your first aid training every 12 months. This is also in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines that state CPR skills should be refreshed annually.
Course Duration: 2 hours
DRSABCD action plan;
Basic infection control;
Recovery position for an unconscious casualty;
Respiratory system and choking;
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation for adults, children and infants;
Control external bleeding;
Automated External Defibrillator demonstration; and
Stress management awareness.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.
To find out more about this course, or to book your place, you can:
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 9am - 12pm & 12:30pm - 3pm
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call Us: (08) 9733 2122
St John Ambulance WA (St John) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) under the name of The College of Pre-Hospital Care no. 0392 and specialises in the delivery of first aid training here in Western Australia.
- A variety of first aid courses both accredited and non-accredited
- Flexible delivery options: face to face and blended
- Relevant, hands on skills and knowledge application
- High quality training and asessment services and resources
- Support and access to external support services appropriate to meeting your needs
Please take your time to read about the following important topics:
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Support Services
- General Course Information
(Course cancellation or transfer, participant identification, prior learning, dress code, etc)
- Participant Handbook
- RTO Policies
- Complaints and Appeals
- Standards for RTOs 2015
How to enrol
Please complete and sign the Enrolment Form and the Participant Acknowledgement Declaration Form and return by:
In person: Henning St, Waroona WA 6215
- Sep 21 - 21 Provide First Aid - 1 Day
- Oct 17 - 17 Provide First Aid - 1 Day
- Oct 29 - 29 Provide First Aid - 1 Day
Waroona has a wide range of First Aid Kits and Stock available for purchase, including Personal, Workplace, Motor, Bites and Stings, Leisure and more.View All Kits
The cost of your ambulance trip is covered if you have comprehensive Country Ambulance Cover. This includes as many emergency or necessary non-emergency transports you, or one of your family members, require.Find Out More