Become a Volunteer at Waroona St John Ambulance
Have you ever truly wanted to change lives for the better?
If you live in a country area you know how important it is to help your neighbours. St John Ambulance Western Australia covers the largest single ambulance territory in the world. In more than 160 regional areas across the State we rely heavily on thousands of volunteers to carry out our vital work.
To keep this work going and to keep changing lives, we need people like you to get involved.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life. From parents to retirees and full time workers to students, each one makes a valuable contribution to their local community.
What can I do?
Volunteer ambulance officers help ensure that country areas have access to high quality ambulance services and facilities. You will respond to emergency calls as well as providing non-emergency ambulance transportation.
You are supported every step of the way and are given all the training needed to fulfil your role. Training is conducted to a level at which you feel comfortable, confident and ready for the road. In addition to the initial training an ongoing skills maintenance program for volunteers is also provided.
Why should I do it?
- You will learn invaluable skills that will remain with you for life.
- The cutting edge training you receive will be an asset for yourself, your family and your community.
- It's a great way to meet new friends and have fun!
- You will develop excellent leadership skills and the ability to overcome challenges.
- You will join a great team of like-minded volunteers.
- You will change lives for the better - including your own.
Waroona has a wide range of First Aid Kits and Stock available for purchase, including Personal, Workplace, Motor, Bites and Stings, Leisure and more.View All Kits
Many private health funds only cover the cost of an ambulance if the emergency is a Priority 1. Get total peace of mind with St John Ambulance Cover.Find Out More